35 Simple Activities to Enjoy the Fall Season
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
It’s finally fall! That means it’s finally cooling off outside, there’s not as much humidity (thank goodness!), and everything is much prettier. It’s also the season of pumpkin and spice and everything nice, meaning there’s so much for us to enjoy about the lovely fall season. So if you’re looking for something fun to do this fall, here are some great ideas (some of them don’t even require you to leave the house!).
Activities for the Fall Season That Are Good for Your Soul
1. Have a Harry Potter marathon under warm blankets. I’m totally doing this soon!
2. Go on a hayride (haunted or other).
3. Let loose and allow yourself to get scared in a haunted house.
4. Pick out pumpkins at a pumpkin patch.
5. Decorate said pumpkins to truly express your love for the season.
6. Drink some hot cocoa with mini marshmallows.
7. Get lost in a corn maze.
8. Buy some yummy apple cider and donuts. Because who doesn’t love a good donut?
9. Go to a Halloween party. Maybe even throw on a costume.
10. Take a hike through nature.
11. And while you’re at it, enjoy crunching all the leaves. Every. Single. One.
12. Look at all the beautiful fall foliage. *heart eyes emoji*
13. Bake your favorite pie (Apple & Pumpkin are fall classics) and top it with some vanilla bean ice cream.
14. Warm yourself up in front of a nice crackling fire.
15. Rake leaves and jump in them with your furry friends.
16. Make some chili in your Crockpot.
17. Read your favorite book by the fire.
18. Have friends and family over for a bonfire and smores.
19. Roast some pumpkin seeds leftover from when you decorated pumpkins you picked at the pumpkin patch.
20. Cuddle up on the couch for a scary movie marathon.
21. Make (or buy) some caramel apples.
22. Learn how to knit while binge-watching your favorite show on the couch. You can make yourself a scarf to wear on chilly, fall days!
23. Order pizza and have a family game night.
24. Decorate your home for Halloween.
25. Take a camping trip!
26. Go rock climbing in the Red River Gorge (my absolute favorite place)!
27. Write a list of all the things you’re thankful for.
28. Spend time with family.
29. Watch Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice.
30. Sleep in on the weekend.
31. Go for an early morning walk and enjoy the crisp fall air.
32. Take a day off to relax and enjoy the coziness of your home.
33. Spend the weekend at a cabin in the woods.
34. Read your favorite Stephen King novel. FYI, Stephen King is my favorite author. Some great books of his are: Misery, The Green Mile, The Stand, Desperation, and Bag of Bones.
35. DIY some fleece blankets to cuddle up in.
36. Go for a bike ride.
37. Enjoy life!
I’m sure there are plenty more exciting things to do during the fall season, but these are the ones I find most rewarding. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do